Trayne Consulting is currently recruiting an innovative and forward thinking leader to join our National Client, who specialise in wardrobes, shower screens, vanity mirrors and kitchen splashbacks, who are an industry leader in their field.
As the General Manager of the ACT, this role will report directly to the Vice President of the Company where you will have full responsibility and accountability to lead the ACT Business Unit to success.
This role will see you have a strong leadership focus where you will engage and innovate your team. With a passion for the building industry, a love for sales and continuous growth, we are looking for someone who can drive the business to the next level with ‘out of the box’ solutions.
With project management and change management experience, you must also have a continuous improvement mentality and clear understanding that team engagement is fundamental to delivering and exceeding customer expectations.
This exciting opportunity exists for the right person ready to take the next step in their leadership career or for someone who wants to take on an opportunity where they can bring all their existing knowledge and be a champion within the industry!
The key responsibilities for this role are as outlined below, but not limited to:
- First and foremost be a leader as opposed to being a manager ! Provide mentorship, leadership and development to everyone within the Business Unit to maximise every member of the team
- Manage daily operations to ensure the most efficient and streamline processes are in place through training, production planning and contract negotiations
- Full accountability of the P&L includes regular reviews of forecast, budgets, cost and, financial performance
- Assess any new product development to ensure it is cost effective and profitable and ensure fits in with the streamlined running of the business unit
- Design and implement a strategic business plan to expand the company’s customer base through nurturing existing customer base and through growth of new partners
- Continuous analysis on all aspects of the business including sales, marketing, finance and other areas to gain insights into how to improve performance and maximise growth
- Ensure safe work practices are carried out through every interaction of the business ensuring a Zero Harm workplace
To be considered for this role you must have the following key experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in a GM role
- Sound knowledge in the building / construction industry with shower screens and wardrobe experience highly desirable
- Experience in Project & Change Management
- Exceptional sales, business development and relationship building skills as you will be at the forefront of driving sales growth
- Strong Operational background with LEAN/Six Sigma understanding and a focus on challenging process to continuously create efficiencies
- WHS exposure with a focus on Zero Harm at all times and at all costs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build instant rapport with both internal and external customers
- Team player, that leads their team to act as one
- Mentor, leadership and development qualities – we are not looking for a Manager.
- Innovative, creative and out of the box thinker where the unusual becomes the usual
- Looking for longevity with a drive and desire to have the #1 business unit
The successful candidate must be hungry for success and motivated, whilst at all times presenting a professional image and a united front within the business. We are looking for a leader who inspires others to continually grow the business to be the leader not only in the State but in the Country.
The successful candidate will have a focus on operational effectiveness, to embrace the existing practices whilst having the ability to challenge and streamline where necessary; where developing the team is at the forefront of your mind at all times, and where every interaction is a new opportunity for growth and that the continuous growth of the business to be #1 is your drive and passion on a daily basis.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle, laptop and mobile as well as a performance based bonus structure.
If you have the relevant experience and are looking that next challenge, then please apply on-line attaching your resume in word format.
Please note the successful candidate will need to undertake a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol test and provide a clean valid police clearance (completed within the last 6 months).
Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.