- An opportunity to drive the success of your own division within a global manufacturing business
- A true leadership role where you can leverage your experience and influential style
- Work with iconic brands such as Corinthian Doors and William Russell Doors.
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in US., JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Within Australasia, we have over 30 facilities across 4 countries, with 5000 + employees. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions (leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio), while significantly enhancing our Ease of Doing Business built on operational excellence.
We are seeking an experienced and influential leader who will operate out of our St Marys site as our Vice President of Doors. This is an opportunity to drive and grow your division within a recognisable global organisation, and have your achievements recognised. We are seeking an outcome driven leader, with the ability to drive your team in a positive way. You will be accountable for defining and delivering your business strategy.
As a member of the group executive, reporting to the EVP and President, you will leverage your financial and business acumen in conjunction with engaging your operational executive team to deliver quantifiable outcomes. You will make decisions that will be supported by your commercial savvy and strategic mindset, whilst managing your portfolio of 7 direct reports, 5 manufacturing units, and a total headcount of 500+.
- As a member of the executive team, drive the formulation of the divisions business strategies, applying external and global perspective to meet business needs.
- Drive overall business strategy, culture, and leadership for A Doors team. This includes support for initiatives, managing relationships and providing expertise and counsel as a leader.
- Proactively advise the operation executive team on economic and market trends that are most relevant to the company's goals and evolving needs.
- Determine capital investment parameters, priorities, and risks for division wide initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Prepare and monitor budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints. Focus on driving a quantifiable ‘outcomes based’ approach to business.
- Drive operational excellence, standardization, process improvement and developments to deliver maximum value, quality, and efficiencies.
- Support implementation of company-wide strategies and programs as required.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency, and accountability within your division.
- A bachelors’ degree in a related field, such as business, economics and/or business (MBA) is preferred.
- 15+ years of senior business and leadership experience and track record leading large, multi-site sales and manufacturing business units with full P&L responsibility. Driven growth through a NPD/product management structure.
- Experience cultivating a safe work culture and driving sustainable safety performance.
- Has experience in a leadership role, where the leadership style was based in a growth mindset that led to clear and defined outcomes. This can be demonstrated by quantifiable evidence such as P & L statements, growth percentages and sales.
- Experienced in high volume made to order products. Exposure to fit and install markets. Proven experience in best-in-class lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, SIOP and operational excellence environments.
- Proven track record driving transformational change, implementing sustainable operational excellence, continuous improvement and engagement initiatives across a large geographically dispersed workforce.
- A high energy executive; tenacious and passionate about reaching the goal, and influential in bringing your team onboard.
- Possess exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Has experience working within the management structure of a multinational organisation, and preferably subject to the Sarbanes – Oxley Act.
- Has or is capable of developing knowledge and application of JELD-WEN OHSMS, policies, processes and SWIs to drive proactive and preventative safety culture.
- Understands building process, industry and market knowledge.
In return, the Vice President of Doors will be a key member of the JELD-WEN Executive Team led by the EVP. The role will partner with the other leaders within executive leadership, and the business, to contribute to the overall Doors division strategy and operational delivery across the business.
JELD-WEN values safety and diversity in the workplace.