- Are you an outstanding Draftsperson looking for a new challenge
- Want to work for a market leader and drive innovation within our product offerings
- Join the established Research & Development Team of JELD-WEN Australia.
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD- WEN has over 70+ facilities, and employs over 5,000 staff. JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
The Draftsperson is responsible for supporting the successful implementation of market-leading products into the JELD-WEN business that meets the needs of our customers, sales, manufacturing, technical and onsite service teams.
Reporting to the Product Implementation and Testing Manager, the Draftsperson is responsible for the delivery of precise documentation of existing and new products to agreed timelines and standards.
- Take conceptual 2D and 3D models and drawings and produce detailed technical drawings for prototype testing and production.
- Support in the development of Product technical manuals, Product work instructions and technical guides.
- Documentation and conduct training for Site Services, Support & Training team.
- Create and maintain master drawings.
- Ensure confidentiality of all product information for the organization.
- Working with the Product Implementation and Testing Manager, document the technical, performance and design specification of all supplier sourced parts.
- Generate change notices for all new product introductions and improvements/changes to existing products.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in design or drafting role, preferably within the manufacturing or construction industry.
- Strong history in documentation roles.
- Certificate IV in Drafting or Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- High level of competency in AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Understanding of NCC (desirable).
What's On Offer
- Ongoing training and career development
- A competitive remuneration package
- Generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- On-site parking
- Ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your next steps
If you believe you can bring your skills and experience that will help JELD-WEN grow its range of products this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by the Talent Acquisition Team.