- Varied and diverse role in a manufacturing business
- Job security working for a national brand in business more than 60+ years
- Take holidays every Christmas!
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD- WEN has over 70+ facilities, and employs over 5,000 staff. JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a key Purchasing Officer role reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will support the production, operations and warehousing team at our manufacturing site based at Stapylton, Queensland to ensure the cost effective provision of daily raw material requirements in response to our customer needs, with a focus on maintaining target inventory levels.
- Action daily/weekly/monthly MRP system driven purchasing requirements
- Own the MRP purchasing system, parameters and reports to ensure they can be relied on for guidance and decisions
- Improvement and effectiveness of the inventory and purchasing processes
- Supporting the on-time delivery of orders from suppliers
- Support operations and warehousing teams to maintain adequate controls for accurate receipting, counting and issuing of materials
- Liaise with local suppliers and National Procurement team on national supplier accounts
- Seek new suppliers to ensure
Ideally you will have well rounded hands-on purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry along with the ability and desire to build constructive relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Systematic, methodical and process-orientated administrator
- Pride yourself on thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, juggle multiple demands and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and willingness to support all in the team to service our customers needs
- Savvy with MRP systems and MS office knowledge
- Capability to investigate discrepancies, resolve any issues
Your well-developed communication and negotiation skills will be essential, together with the self confidence and maturity to build professional relationships with our local and national partnered suppliers.
What else you should know:
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday 0730 - 1600
What's on offer:
- On-site secure parking
- A competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing training and career development encouraging you to feel confident in your ability to work autonomously
- Generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- Ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you! Apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and willingness to complete police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.