JELD-WEN (NYSE: JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD-WEN has over 70+ facilities and employs over 5,000 staff.
JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
About the position
We are looking to appoint an Inventory Controller within our Fenestra business. This is a pivotal function for Jeld-Wen businesses acting as an internal hardware distribution channel that purchases, imports and supplies componentry and consumables to the national network of Jeld-Wen operations. This is a newly created role and the core purpose of the role is ensuring all purchasing requirements are actioned to meet our customer commitments, with a focus on DIFOT supply to maintain minimal inventory levels. You will have responsibility of overseas supply chain functions of the Fenestra business and maintaining integrity of inventory in our systems.
In addition, you will:
- support the drive of procurement administrative functions
- support the establishment of a demand forecast for all SKU's
- support the development of a suitable individual stocking policy for all SKU’s
- plan, place and expedite purchase orders on our domestic and international suppliers to ensure inventory levels are maintained at agreed levels
- liaise with key stakeholders to anticipate volume movements that impact the hardware supply chain
- plan and manage the phase out / phase in of products with exceptional customer service and minimal obsolescence
- lead Jeld-Wen quality control and corrective action program for Fenestra as a supplier to our internal Jeld-Wen businesses
We’re looking to leverage your experience and knowledge in a warehousing import distribution and/or manufacturing environment combined with understanding of and capability in purchasing, supply chain functions, inventory management and warehouse management systems. You are a natural planner with a logical, structured approach to your work, along with always exercising the highest level of customer service to both Fenestra customers, domestic and international suppliers, your strength will be in your ability to manage relationships, to be the conduit between supplier and customer. You'll have a qualification/s in an appropriate discipline (eg Procurement and Inventory Management) or other relevant qualification.
In addition, you will bring:
- 3+ years in an equivalent role
- ability to execute inventory management plans and deliver outcomes consistently within a multifunctional environment
- high level of MS Excel skills and able to use and apply Excel for reporting and analytical purposes
What's On Offer
- Ongoing training and career development
- Generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- On-site parking
- Ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your Next Steps
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you! Apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and willingness to complete police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.