The JELD-WEN Family of Companies is a leading international building materials group, known for superior quality, service and innovation in the design of windows, doors, shower screens and wardrobes.
As part of that large and successful group, Stegbar has a strong reputation in the industry for manufacturing high-quality products that enhance the environments in which we live. With the safety and development of our people, our key priority and our work environments provide a supporting, professional, welcoming environment for employees to develop to their full potential.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Officer to work with the wider purchasing team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this role is crucial to ensuring relationships with suppliers and customers are built and maintained, our purchasing admin functions are efficient and accurate and focused-on JIT “just in time delivery.
In addition, you’ll:
- process purchase orders to suppliers, consignment, raw and hardware/consumable ordering
- schedule jobs and contact customers
- receipting of invoices
- job card printing
- general purchasing admin duties
- support custom bill of material breakdowns for Timber and Aluminum products
- provide information to production to ensure high quality products and proactively resolve product issues before delivery to customers
- utilise reporting functions to monitor supplier delivery performance including follow up of suppliers
- contribute positively to a safe work environment
Ideally you'll have hands on purchasing and/or procurement experience, but not essential, if you have a keen interest in building a career in purchasing/procurement, a willingness to learn, self-motivated, initiative to participate in comprehensive training, this will be provided.
We’re looking for a team player that contributes to a positive work environment, you will bring exceptional time management enabling you to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines. You will have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills which will support you to effectively build constructive relationships with suppliers, key stakeholders and customers.
In addition, you will bring
- competent computer skills - confident using MS Word & Excel
- systematic, methodical and process-orientated administrator
- pride yourself on thoroughness and attention to detail
- desire and willingness to support the team to service our customers needs
- capability to investigate discrepancies and resolve any issues
What's on offer:
- on-site secure parking
- ongoing training and career development encouraging you to feel confident in your role
- generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you! Apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and willingness to complete police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.