JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD- WEN has over 70+ facilities, and employs over 5,000 staff. JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
About the Opportunity
As the Product Engineering and Testing Manager, you will drive the implementation of innovative projects to design, develop, improve and manufacture industry leading products and solutions that strengthen the position of JELD-WEN within the market place. This role will see you prepare detailed technical product documentation, BOM’s and engineering calculations, ensuring we meet relevant Australian standards. You will provide leadership, support and coaching to your team members, build constructive relationships across the other functions on the research and development of products to optimise outcomes and meet project objectives.
In addition, you’ll:
- draft all product and technical documentation to support the specification, sale, manufacture and installation of products
- work with external labs and with the in-house test facility in Sydney to create and maintain AS 2047 test related documentation for all tests carried out
- participate in NATA audits
- work with the Industrial design team to explore solutions that meet compliance, design, manufacturing and financial requirements, while balancing the functional and aesthetic aspects
- analyse service data to determine root cause of issues encountered
- research of the market to determine trends and innovation along with preparing data analysis for market position
- work closely with industry bodies to keep abreast of proposed legislation changes
- deliver required technical training
JELD-WEN is focused on future growth by releasing unique new products and you will be a pivotal component from concept to reality.
We’re looking to leverage your experience in leading a product development team in manufacturing and design in building products combined with your confident approach in establishing and balancing stakeholder relationships. You'll have a Tertiary qualification in an appropriate discipline (eg Engineering) or other relevant qualification or you'll have 5-10yrs experience in a similar role and environment along with technical skills, ability to design, develop workable solutions to problems, high attention to detail, excellent time management skills as well as the ability to prioritise work loads across a busy department.
Additionally, you’ll have:
- a track record in strengthening an organisations position by delivering new product development projects on schedule and within budget
- experience in managing project schedules, budgets, measuring, reporting and achieving engineering metrics and managing department and project expenses, resource allocation and administration
- experience in relation to dealing with certification requirements and management of change with certification bodies
- knowledge of building industry, codes and regulations
- hands-on experience with collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- skills in CAD, and 3D modeling
- experience with a range of materials
What's On Offer
- flexibility with start and finish times
- modern office overlooking a woodland
- on-site parking
- training and career development
- competitive remuneration package
- generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your next steps
If you believe you can bring your engineering skills and experience that will help JELD-WEN grow its range of products this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and have a valid police check completed in the last 6 months.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.