A&L Windows & Doors have been manufacturing quality windows, doors and screens for over 40 years. We draw on rich, proven history and an exciting focus on the future. With showrooms throughout Australia, our continued growth can be attributed to providing innovative products and the highest level of customer service on the market.
A&L Windows & Doors is part of the JELD-WEN family, which includes iconic brands Corinthian Doors, Stegbar Windows & Doors, Airlite Windows & Doors, Aneeta Window Systems, Regency Shower Screens & Robes, Trend Windows & Doors, A&L Windows, and Breezway louvres.
Reporting to the General Manager, the EHS Manager is part of the operations team and contributes to the overall success of the company by providing contemporary specialist EHS advice, leads EHS projects and acts as the EHS coach for A&L frontline and middle/senior management. This is a hands-on role where you will spend as much time in the office as you will on the plant floor.
- Encourage the identification, implementation, and communication of EHS initiatives
- EHS advice, support and guidance to all employees to assist them in meeting their respective responsibilities under relevant EHS legislation.
- Develop and issue monthly board and, safety statistics reports.
- Lead EHS management systems and associated internal/external audits
- Develop and deliver formal and informal EHS training.
- Conduct incident investigations for significant incidents and near misses (ICAM).
- Coach and mentor EHS team, HSR’S and safety committee members.
- Champion and participate in national EHS initiatives.
This role will suit a high performing EHS business partner looking to take the next step or an existing EHS Manager with experience in managing a small high performing EHS team.
You are a passionate promoter of safety in the workplace and enjoy coaching and mentoring - specifically around safety behaviours, accountability for safety and integrating EHS performance into lean production environments. This role thrives on a fast-paced and varied work schedule, requiring an EHS professional who is comfortable working in both the strategic and detailed/tactical space day to day.
- Nationally recognised qualification (Diploma OHS/WHS or higher)
- Manufacturing or similar complex industry experience (highly desirable).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and reporting skills.
- Solid working knowledge of EHS technical & legislative requirements.
- Rehabilitation and return to work coordination & Injury management experience.
What's On Offer
- Ongoing training and career development.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products.
- On-site parking.
- Ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas.
- Global exposure opportunities.
- Onsite Health and Wellness centre.
Your next steps
If you believe you can work in a team environment and work towards the overall safety strategy, then this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and a police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by the Talent Acquisition Team.