Trend Windows and Doors, is one of Australia's largest window manufactures who have secured a reputation for quality, innovation and design for more than 50 years. Trend Windows and Doors is part of the JELD-WEN family, which includes iconic brands Corinthian Doors, Stegbar Windows & Doors, Airlite Windows & Doors, Aneeta Window Systems, Regency Shower Screens & Robes, Trend Windows & Doors, A&L Windows, and Breezway louvres.
About the opportunity
Sitting within our management team for our Trend Windows & Doors business, our EHS Coordinator will provide contemporary specialist EHS advice and acts as the EHS coach, collaborating with the business to drive training and accountability, contribute to the development and continuous improvement of a proactive safety culture across our businesses located in Cardiff, Qurimbah, Heatherbrae and ACT. Purposed to promote the safety and well being of all team members through workplace health and safety (WHS) policy, procedures, training and development and continuous improvement practices, as EHS Coordinator you will provide client focused EHS advice, guidance, services and support to managers and teams.
You will coach leaders at all levels to provide consistent safety leadership and will partner with them to understand the key safety risks. Developing strong relationships with our Leaders and team members, you will drive safety initiatives and support the transformation of our culture and approach to safety.
You’ll also have accountability for:
- providing appropriate advice and guidance on further actions and investigations as required
- assist work teams in the development and implementation of WHS standards, safe work method statements, safe work operating procedures and other relevant safety documentation
- support continuous improvement in the business performance of WHS and effectively contribute to raising awareness to reduce workplace incidents and injuries
- lead EHS management systems and associated internal/external audits
We’re looking for team player that loves to partner, coach and inspire others to role model best practice safety initiatives and has experience within a manufacturing environment in doing this. Leveraging your ability to build positive relationships across all levels within an organisation, stakeholder management expertise will be a must along with your ability to provide clear advice. Your experience in understanding of Safety, LEAN & CI methodology and experience in implementing their concepts across large workforces will be key.
You’ll also require:
- tertiary qualification in Work, Health and Safety or other relevant Health and Safety qualification essential
- current knowledge and understanding of all WHS legislative requirements and ability to interpret legislation, provide advice and enact the Act
- experience in delivering WHS training packages
- excellent communication (written and verbal) and reporting skills
What's On Offer
- ongoing training and career development
- a competitive remuneration package
- generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- on-site parking
- ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your next steps
If you believe you can work in a team environment and work towards the overall safety strategy, then this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and a police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by the Talent Acquisition Team.