- Are you an experienced CI professional looking for a new challenge?
- Want to work for a market leader and drive Operational and Cultural change?
- Are you as comfortable in the boardroom as you are on the plant floor?
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD- WEN has over 70+ facilities and employs over 5,000 staff.
JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products, and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on Operational Excellence.
The Continuous Improvement Lead will facilitate CI initiatives designed to eliminate waste, non-value-added activities and improve performance in Safety, Quality, Product Delivery, Cost, and Inventory management. In this role, you will teach, coach, and mentor cross-functional teams in delivering improvements using the JELD-WEN methodology in both Operations and Functional areas.
- Work collaboratively with business unit leaders in analyzing key performance indicators to ensure improvement efforts are strategically aligned and adding value in the eyes of our Customers
- Facilitate, Coach and Mentor cross-functional teams in developing skills and alignment with CI deliverables
- Deliver results and develop employee capability (skills and culture) for sustaining CI improvements
- Lead CI projects and Kaizen events to deliver sustained Operational and Functional improvement
- Execute improvement plans and initiatives to support the rollout and education of CI
- Provide regular progress updates including reports and analysis
- Deliver sustained Improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory
- Work across business practices to remove barriers and streamline processes
- Demonstrated experience delivering process improvements in a Manufacturing (MUST)
- Minimum 3 years experience leading Lean Transformations in manufacturing
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, or equivalent education
- Experience using modern Operational Excellence and CI methods (LEAN, TPS, Kanban, SQDCI, A3, Six Sigma etc.)
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical, and presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently managing competing deadlines and priorities
What's On Offer
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing training and career development
- Global exposure including development opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- Generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- On-site parking
- Ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your next steps
If you believe you can further develop the JELD-WEN Continuous Improvement culture across all levels of the business this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and a police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by the Talent Acquisition Team.