A&L Windows & Doors have been manufacturing quality windows, doors and screens for over 40 years. We draw on rich, proven history and an exciting focus on the future. With showrooms throughout Australia, our continued growth can be attributed to providing innovative products and the highest level of customer service on the market.
A&L Windows & Doors is part of the JELD-WEN family, which includes iconic brands Corinthian Doors, Stegbar Windows & Doors, Airlite Windows & Doors, Aneeta Window Systems, Regency Shower Screens & Robes, Trend Windows & Doors, A&L Windows, and Breezway louvres.
About the Opportunity
As the Production Manager within our industry leading A&L business, you will lead a large highly skilled team, leading the team is your number one priority. Focus will be on compliance, continual development and improvement of our safety culture, we live and breath safety. You will drive the LEAN and continuous improvement methodology, maintaining production efficiencies and design and implement strategies to improve production performances.
In addition, you’ll:
- improve engagement and culture through leadership, training and mentorship
- drive training initiatives and processes to develop team members
- maintain timely production schedules and communicating issues or delays
- ensure all resources are used to optimise output
- maintain a strong customer focus
We’re looking to leverage your comprehensive experience in people management in a manufacturing environment, along with exposure to manufacturing automation (highly desirable). Balancing competing priorities and demands in a high functioning environment comes naturally to you, experience in managing and growing the capability of a large team of skilled operational staff whilst maintaining high levels of employee engagement, as key deliverable's of this role. You need to have open and transparent communication style, including the ability to gain trust and elicit support from others, you need to have the ability to connect with a range of people at different levels and the capacity to work well across all stakeholder groups to provide strategic and operational advice.
In addition, you'll have
- understanding of the LEAN & CI methodology and experience in implementing concepts across large workforces
- quality assurance and control
- production scheduling
- be highly organised and self-motivated, with excellent planning skills
What's On Offer
- a competitive remuneration package
- generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- on-site parking
- ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
- Career progression, part of the JELD-WEN group with more than 4000 people across Australia
Your Next Steps
A challenging role with ample reward, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and have a valid police check completed in the last 6 months.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.