JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD- WEN has over 70+ facilities, and employs over 5,000 staff. JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will provide operational leadership and expertise to drive the implementation of safe, efficient and cost effective solutions by reviewing existing processes considering automation opportunities or improving the existing manufacturing process, your main focus will be on our Energy Efficient Windows project. This role will have you working closely with the R&D and Product Management teams to implement innovative concepts and ideas. With your hands on experience in design and complex automation projects you will be qualified in developing and implementing improvement material flow automation strategies in entire product value chain. You will coach, mentor and give direction whilst building and maintaining constructive relationships across the other functions to optimise outcomes and meet project objectives.
In addition, you’ll:
- develop concepts, select and implement best technology including selecting Vendors for business-critical applications
- present financial justification for projects and work with stakeholders for effective technology usage
- develop and implement strategies using structured processes including A3, Value Stream Mapping, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
We’re looking to leverage your out of the box thinking, your extensive experience in design and automation, critical to successfully meeting the requirements of this new role, preferable within a highly automated manufacturing environment delivering improvements in SQDCI. Combined with your confident approach in establishing and balancing stakeholder relationships to influence and negotiate effectively. You'll have a Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering along with 10+yrs experience in a similar project manager role supporting and leading improvement activities in high pace multisite projects and lean manufacturing is a must.
Additionally, you’ll have:
- minimum Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- successfully worked with integrated devices or embedded systems
- detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with a passion for developing and implementing Quality Assurance processes
- understanding of the functionality of manufacturing equipment and material handling devices
- hands-on experience with collaborating with cross-functional teams
- ability in data analytics, critical reasoning, justification, presentation and decision-making
- experience implementing change management
What's On Offer
- flexibility with start and finish times
- modern office overlooking a woodland
- on-site parking
- training and career development
- competitive remuneration package
- generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your next steps
If you believe you can bring your mechanical engineering skills and experience that will change the way we work, this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and have a valid police check completed in the last 6 months.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.