About our Organisation
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD-WEN has over 70+ facilities and showrooms, and employs over 5,000 staff.
JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – A&L Windows & Doors, Airlite Windows & Doors, Aneeta Window Systems, Breezway louvres, Corinthian Doors, JELD-WEN Glass, Kolder Shower Screen & Wardrobes, Regency Shower Screens & Robes, Stegbar Windows & Doors, Trend Windows & Doors and William Russell Doors.
Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
About our Opportunity
The EHS Coordinator will support the operational implementation of JELD-WEN’s global and regional EHS requirements. Responsible for facilitating and influencing the active engagement of managers in the research, development and implementation planning of safety and other related programs to meet regional business plans and corporate goals. You will provide specialist EHS advice contributing to the development and continuous improvement of a proactive safety culture across two manufacturing and distribution sites.
You will coach leaders at all levels to provide consistent safety direction and will partner with them to understand the key safety risks. Developing strong relationships with our leaders and team members, you will drive safety initiatives and support the transformation of our culture and approach to safety.
You’ll also have accountability for:
- assist in development and implementation of EHS standards, safe work method statements, safe work operating procedures and other relevant safety documentation
- implement and monitor safety regulatory and awareness policies and education training programs
- lead continued performance/utilisation of the ‘My EHS’ software system
- lead EHS management systems and associated internal/external audits
- manage return to work processes onsite, including insurer and treating doctor/treater liaison
- ensure compliance with JELD-WEN, federal, state and local government health and safety regulations and requirements. Support WHSE National Audit Tool accreditation and ensure assurance activities meet relevant regulatory requirements
We’re looking for a Coordinator who partners, coaches and inspires others to role model best practice safety initiatives and has experience within a manufacturing and distribution environment in doing this. Leveraging your ability to build positive relationships across all levels within an organisation, stakeholder management expertise will be a must along with your ability to provide clear advice.
You’ll also require:
- Cert IV / Diploma level EHS qualification or equivalent, essential
- current knowledge and understanding of all EHS legislative requirements and ability to interpret legislation, provide advice and enact the Act
- experience communicating strategy, direction and reasoning behind key decisions
- strong technical and coaching presence with a leadership style that promotes engagement
- experience in workplace training and assessment, delivering EHS training packages
- excellent communication (written and verbal) and reporting skills
What's On Offer
- ongoing training and career development
- a generous remuneration package
- generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- on-site parking
- ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your Next Steps
If you believe you can work in a team environment and work towards the overall safety strategy, then this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and a police check.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by the Talent Acquisition Team.